Rational Numbers Chapter 1 – Class 8th here we provided the students to understand the concepts right from the beginning. The concepts are very important to understand because these concepts are connected in class 9 and 10. There are questions to solve at the end of the chapter. This article helps to understand all the concepts available.
In a rational number that numbers can be represented in the form of p/q, whereas q is not equal to zero, so it is known as retinol number
Let’s see some of the concepts that we are going to discuss in this chapter
- In the rational number, subtraction and multiplication are closed under the operations of addition.
- In the operations, addition and multiplication are- commutative for rational number, and associative for rational number.
- In this rational number, 0 is this additive for rational numbers.
- In this rational number, 1 is multiplicative for identity rational numbers.
- In this rational number can be resented on a number line.
- Whereas distributivity of rational numbers are, for all the rational numbers a, b & c, a(b + c)=ab+ and a(b – c) = ab – ac.
- In between any two rational numbers are given, therefore it will be countless rational numbers. So the mean idea is to help as to find rational numbers in between two rational numbers.
List of text content in this chapter
- 1.1 introductions
- 1.2 properties of Rational Numbers
- 1.2.1 Closure
- 1.2.2 Commutativity
- 1.2.3 Associativity
- 1.2.4 The role of zero
- 1.2.5 The role of 1
- 1.2.6 Negative of a number
- 1.2.7 Reciprocal
- 1.2.8 Multiplication over addition to rational numbers.
So you should have a greater understanding of the introduction of rational numbers and their characteristics. Your knowledge of rational numbers should encompass the basics of definitions of rational numbers, it is the ability to determine the real numbers and rational numbers. You should also be familiar with the various real-life examples that can connect with this lesson over the rational numbers. Hopefully, as a math student, you have enhanced your ability to work with the retinol numbers.