What is Cursive A letter writing?
- Cursive A is the 1st letter in the English alphabet. It is a vowel. Cursive, also known as script or longhand, is a style of handwriting in which letters are joined in a flowing manner, especially to make writing faster.
- The style of writing is again classified as looped, connected or Italic.Here on this page, I’m going to discuss how to write Cursive A and its importance in framing words. I’m also expressing my views on how digital technology drastically changes children’s handwriting.
- I will briefly explain the benefits of cursive writing and how it improves children’s cognitive and learning skills.
Types of Handwriting:
- Cursive handwriting emerged in the 17th century when there were no typewriters.
- In Cursive, letters are connected without taking off the pen.
- It is the fastest way to write.
2. Print Handwriting:
- Print Handwriting, otherwise known as block letter writing.
- It is mostly used format while filling out application forms. You need to lift the pen off the page after writing every letter.
3. Modern Cursive:
- Modern Cursive is an advanced form of cursive writing.
- It has fewer loops and strokes.
- This makes writing much easier and faster.
4 Truths about Handwriting:
- Handwriting is a skill that comes well through practice.
- There are various styles of handwriting.
- After learning writing, people stylize their writing.
- While writing, we have to compare line quality, letter forms, initial and terminal strokes, punctuation, spacing, slant, and alignment.
How to write Capital A in Cursive:
Download Free capital Letter Cursive "A" Worksheet
- Take a four-line rule book.
- Place the pencil tip on the third line, make a down curve and go up with a slant line touching the top line; come down again with a slant line a little bit; go up and make a loop come outward with tail off to connect with other letters.
How to write the small letter A in Cursive:
- Take a four-line rule book.
- Place the pencil tip on the third line, form a loop between the second and third line and come outward with a tail off to connect with other letters.
Connecting letters to letter a:
Lowercase A connects well with letters e and letter n. After becoming comfortable with the letter a, practice writing “ae” and “an”. These are called connectors, forming common letter pairs.
Example: airplane, aesthetic, ant, ate.
5 Advantages of Cursive A:
- Improve concentration.
- Legible writing boosts your self-esteem.
- Children score good marks in academics.
- Daily writing improves a person’s thought process.
- It encourages children to learn new things.
Future of Cursive writing:
- As digital media information and tools increase daily, most have lost interest in writing. Everything in the classroom is taught through videos. Cursive handwriting lacked importance.
- If this continues like this some or the other days, no wonder cursive handwriting will become extinct. We shouldn’t make this happen. Every parent must encourage their children to learn cursive writing.
- Children must learn cursive writing because it helps them in reading books and becoming a scholar. It improves their handwriting and concentration. Initially, school children struggle to learn cursive writing, but everything falls into place with time.
- It requires dedication and, of course, practice.