Students, are you inter 2nd? Do you want to score good marks in your physics exam? So read all the questions which are given.
2marks question from all lesson
- Distinguish between transverse and longitudinal waves?
- What does a wave represent?
- What do you understand by the terms focus and principles focus in the context of lenses?
- What is the law of reflection through curved mirrors?
- Give the justification for validity of rar optics?
- When does a monochromatic beam of light reflection get transmitted completely?
- What happens to the weight of a body when it is charged positively?
- The electric lines of force do not intersect why?
- When well be the electric flux negative and when is it positive
- Why is the electric field always at right angles to the equipotential surface?explain?
- What happens to the capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor if the area of the plates is double?
- Under what condition is the current through the mixed grouping of cells maximum?
- Write the color code of carbon resistor of resistance 23 kilo ohms?
- What is the importance of Oersted’s experiment?
- How do you convert a moving coil galvanometer Into an ammeter?
- What is the magnetic moment associated with a solenoid?
- What are the units of magnetic moment magnetic induction and magnetic field?
- State faraday’s laws of electromagnetic inductions?
- What do you understand by self induction?
- What is meant by a wattless component of current?
- Give any one use of infrared rays?
- What is the principle of production of electromagnetic waves?
- What is the work function?
- Write down Einstein’s photo photoelectric equation?
- What is the physical meaning of negative energy of an electron?
- How impact parameters are related to angles of scattering?
- What are Isotones and Isomers?
- What is amu? What is its equivalent energy
- What is sky wave propagation?
4 Marks important question from all lessons
- What are longitudinal waves? Explain with an example?
- Explain the modes of vibration of an air column in an open pipe?
- Define focal length of a concave mirror proves that the radius of curvature of a concave mirror is double its focal length?
- Explain the cartesian sign convention for mirrors?
- What is total internal reflection?Explain the phenomenon using huygens principles?
- How do you determine the resolution of your eyes?
- State and explain coulomb’s inverse square law in electricity?
- Derive the equation for the couple acting on an electric dipole in a uniform electric field?
- Derive an expression for the electric potential due a point charge?
- Derive an expression for the potential energy of an electric dipole placed in a uniform electric field?
- Draw a circuit diagram showing how a potentiometer may be used to find internal resistance of a cell and establish a formula for it?
- Define electric resistance and write its S.I units how does the resistance of a conductor vary if
- [a] Conductor is stretched four times of its length
- [b] Temperature of conductors is increased
- State and explain Biot- savart law?
- State and ampere’s law?
- Compare the properties of par,dia and ferromagnetic substance?
- Define retentivity and coercivity.Draw the hysteresis curve for soft iron and steel.What do you infer from these curves?
- Describe the ways in which eddy currents are used to advantage?
- Obtain an expression for the current in a capacitor when an Ac emf is applied?
- What is the greenhouse effect and its contribution towards the surface temperature of earth?
- Summarize the photo picture of electromagnetic radiation?
- What is the broglie wavelength of a ball of mass 0.12kg moving with a speed of 20m/s?What can we infer from this result?
- What is the impact parameter and angle of scattering?How are they related to each other?
- What are the limitations of borns theory of hydrogen atoms?
- Discuss the behavior of a p-n junction.How does a potential barrier develop at the junction?
- Describe how a semiconductor diode is used as a half wave rectifier?
- Draw a block diagram of a common communication system and describe it briefly?
8 Marks important question from all lessons
- How are stationary waves formed in a closed pipe? Explain the various modes of vibration in a closed pipe and establish the relation between their frequencies?
- Explain the formation of stationary waves in stretched stretched strings and hence deduce the laws of transverse waves in stretched strings?
- Draw a neat labeled diagram of a compound microscope,explain its working expression for its magnification?
- [a] Using a neat labeled diagram derive the mirror equation.Define linear magnification
[b] An object is placed at 5cm from a convex lens of focal length 15cm. What is its position?
- Describe Young’s intervention experiment and how you get the expression for the fringe width?
- What is Huygens’ principle? Explain the optical phenomenon of refraction using Huygens principle?
- Define electric potential. Derive an expression for the electric potential due to an electric dipole and hence the electric potential at a point [a] on the axial line of electric dipole [b] on the equatorial line of electric dipole.
- Explain series and parallel combination of capacitors.Derive the formula for equivalent capacitance in each combination?
- In a house three bulbs of 100W each are lighted for 4 hours daily and six tube lights of 20 W each are lighted for 5 hours daily and a refrigerator of 400 W is worked for 10 hours daily for a month of 30 days.Calculate the electricity bill if the cost of one units is Rs 4.00
- Two metallic wires A and B are connected in parallel.wire A has length L and radius r wire B has a length 2L and radius 2r.compute the ratio the total resistance of the parallel combination and resistance of wire A?
Read all questions so that u can get good marks in your final exam. After completing this question go through the same problems from the textbook.