Introduction: Science is best enough at times, let alone during a busy pub quiz – maybe a virtual quiz session will reduce stress? Next time you’ve been to a house party, Google Hangouts, Zoom or Messenger, look for Big Bang Theory in your friends ’minds by presenting some scientifically confusing issues.
Questions and Answers:
1. What happens when a DNA gene is damaged or altered to change the genetic message that the gene carries?
B. Extra chromosome
Answer: D Mutation
Solution: Mutation can permanently alter the physical compositions of a DNA gene.
2. Who discovered the laws of gravity?
A. Isaac newton
B. Nicolaus copernicus
C. Stephen hawking
Answer: A Isaac newton
Solution: Newton formulated the laws of gravity after watching an apple falling from a tree from a state of rest.
3. What is the chemical name for table salt?
A. Sulfuric acid
B. Sodium Chloride
C. Ammonium nitrate
D. Hydrochloric acid
Answer: B Sodium chloride
Solution: The chemical formula for salt is NacI.
4. What is the name for an animal lacking a backbone?
Answer: C Invertebrate
Solution: Invertebrate represent about 95%of all animals
5. What is the field of science related to chemical and physicochemical processes occurring in organisms?
Answer: C Biochemistry
Solution: Biochemistry deals with the application of chemistry to the study of biological processes at the cellular and molecular level.
6. Who invented the equation e=mc2?
B. Albert einstein
C. Al gore
D. Nikola tesla
Answer: B.Albert einstein
Solution: The equation is e represents energy m represents mass and c squared represents the speed of light squared.
7. In physics what is a measure of force that can cause an object to rotate about an axis?
Solution: A unit of measurement of torque is usually in newton metres or Nm.
8. Which parent determines the sex of a baby depending on their chromosomes?
D. None of above
Answer: B Father
Solution: The male carries XY chromosomes.The female carries XX chromosomes.Hence,the father determines the sex depending on which chromosome their sperm is carrying
9. In temperature how many degrees fahrenheit is 0 degree celsius?
Solution: Celsius is the metric unit of temperature and fahrenheit is the imperial unit.0 degree celsius is 32 degrees fahre
10.Cure [CD] is a non-SI unit that is a measure of?
A. Luminous intensity
C. Amount of substance
Answer : B Radioactivity
Solution: Curie [CI] is a measure of radioactivity. It was named in honor of pierre curie [husband of marie curie]
11. What does a sphygmomanometer measure?
A. Blood pressure
B. Lung capacity
C. Oxygen content
D. kindy capacity
Answer: A. Blood pressure
Solution: A sphygmomanometer is a device used to measure blood pressure.It consists of cuff and a mercury manometer.
12.Approx.What is the average resting heart of an hour?
A. 25 beats per minute
B. 40 beats per minute
C. 80 beats per minutes
D. 60 beats per minutes
Answer: B Beats per minute
Solution: A normal house has a resting heart rate of 38-48bpm.Yearling [45-60pbm] 2year old [40-50]pbms
13. What is the unit of measurement for electrical power?
Solution: The SI unit of measurement of power is the watt.
For more question search on the internet .Studying this question helps you to develop your knowledge. And studying these types of questions not only improves your knowledge you can write any competitive exam.