First of all, you read biology from NCERT. There is a TRICK to follow: Read each and every line, pictures and tables as many times until you explain each chapter with closed eyes. Learn Tricks for NEET Mnemonics NCERT Class 11 Biology Mineral Nutrition.
Now coming to the question, there are a lot of tricks which are made to remember the Micronutrients, Macronutrients from this chapter. They are better called Mnemonics. They are:
You are first question will be in you are maind
How did you tackle mineral nutrition for the NEET?
Take a copy
- Write name of all scientists present in the chapter
- Make two columns of micro + macronutrients
- Chlorosis (Loss of Chlorophyll) – leads to the yellowing of leaves – N, K, Mg, S, Fe, Mn, Zn, Mo.
- Necrosis is the (Death of Tissue) – Ca, Cu, K, Mg
- Delayed flowering – N, S, Mo
- Inhibition of Cell Division – N, K, S, Mo
Questions from this chapter are very easy you need to learn it by re – reading again and again you may make mnemonics,
Also practice more mcq for better understanding of question patterns. They generally ask
- Diagram labelling
- Scientists name
- Diseases and
- Micro or macro nutrients
What are some really helpful mnemonics (tricks) for the NEET student?
I would like to share a few tips with you to learn the NCERT Book, but I’m sure if you read your NCERT this way, you will be able to retain a lot of information.The tips that we are going to share. Here is a summary for you what you have to learn
1. Flip through each page of your book. Count the number of pages the whole chapter has. Don’t read yet, just see. This will give you an idea of the volume of the chapter.
2. See the questions related to this chapter from your material or the NCERT exercises. This will give you an idea of what to look for in the chapter.
3. Read the bold prints, like the name of the topic, or terminology or some important example. This will telling you what to emphasize upon.
4. Read the first and last sentences of the paragraphs. I generally skip it to save time but I’m sure it has some importance. Don’t skip it if you have time.
5. Read the textbook thoroughly now and make notes.
Interesting mnemonics for biology terms?
Here are some mnemonics for biology terms
- Autoimmune disease – yaar ne hi lut liya ghar yaar ka
- Endocarditis– jine mera dil luteya
- Hypothalamus– sabka malik ek
- Androgenic alopecia – Ude jab jab zulfen teri
- Heart murmur – dil kyun yeh mera shor kare?
- Coronavirus inflection – mere itne karib mat aao, mai tumhe barbad kar dungi
- Liver biopsy – Jigar ka tukda
- Anxiety – Sanu ek pal chain na aave
- Sperms – Ishq ka rang safed
- Cushing’s syndrome – Chehra hai ya chand khila hai
- Dyspnea – Saansein jaye atak atak
I made a simpler version of the chapter which included everything from ncert and previous year questions (which was just one page) and revised it multiple times and even pasted it on my wall so that I can revise anytime.
This is my note which helped me learn the chapter real quickly. Two points:
- You can’t expect to learn everything with these mnemonics. Maybe 90%. And it depends.
- You still must go through your class notes or books from time to time to check if there is anything important you can add into it or any recent changes in question pattern.
Do not let stress take over your preparation for the NEET exam. Eat healthy food and take proper rest when preparing for your exam and also on the day before the NEET exam. You need to be physically and mentally strong to take the NEET exam with confidence. Keep motivating yourself and give it your best without thinking about the outcome.